15 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets (or use frozen and re-heat)
- 1 small red bell pepper (or use frozen and re-heat)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic (or use more garlic powder)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Chop broccoli & dice bell pepper and onion. Mince garlic (unless using garlic powder).
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and chili powder; using a whisk, beat the egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add broccoli florets, diced peppers, chopped onions, and garlic to the insert of the slow cooker; stir in the prepared egg-mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Start checking at 1 hour 30 minutes for doneness. Omelette is done when eggs are set. You can also cook it on LOW for 3 to 3.5 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Turn off the slow cooker.