5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut bell pepper lengthwise (NOT the way it looks in the picture), and remove seeds and stem.
- Fill bell pepper halves with beans and sprinkle cheddar on top.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, heat oil. When skillet and oil are hot, place filled bell pepper halves in skillet face-up.
- Transfer to oven and bake 20 minutes, until pepper is al dente, beans are heated through, and cheese is melted.