15 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (can also use garlic powder)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced (can also use frozen, pre-cut)
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces of uncooked ditalini pasta (or whatever you have around)
- 1 cup of frozen sweet peas
- 1 (6 ounce) bag of fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Romano cheese + more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice onion & garlic & slice carrots.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, the whole can of diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, stock and water to your Crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring once or twice if you can.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, add in spinach, peas and pasta.
- Cook on low for another 10-15 minutes then stir in grated cheese.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately with additional cheese on top!