Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or can use garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and red pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken thighs into a slow cooker.
- Add honey mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker and shred the chicken before returning to the pot with the juices.
- Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately