Italian Caprese Pasta Bowl
- 1/2 cup pasta choice- preferably whole grain
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz small fresh mozzarella balls
- a few basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour pasta into a large bowl and pour water to cover pasta completely. Microwave for 6 min, 30 sec (or until tender). Drain when complete.
- Slice tomatoes into fourths (optional- can also leave them whole). Chop basil (can also tear up with hands).
- Add mozzarella balls to pasta and warm in microwave for 45 sec to melt it.
- Add basil and tomatoes to pasta and cheese bowl, along with 1 tsp olive oil, and salt & pepper.