- 2 lb stew beef cut into 1-in chunks (can often get pre-cut beef)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- rice or mashed potatoes optional – for serving
- Dice onion
- Set the Instant Pot to saute function and brown the onions and beef cubes in one tablespoon of oil.
- When the beef has developed some nice brown bits, add the soy sauce and ½ cup water.
- Set to high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Manually release pressure.
- Remove beef and set in a separate dish. Boil remaining sauce using the Instant Pot’s saute function until reduced and thickened.
- Serve sauce and meat over rice (*can use microwaveable rice or make your own) or mashed potatoes.