10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water (divided)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté. Once heated, add the olive oil & heat. Add beef, break the beef up into pieces with a wooden spoon and season with the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring and breaking the beef into smaller and smaller pieces, until cooked through and no longer pink (about 5 minutes.)
- Turn off the sauté function and add 1/2 cup of the water to the pot. Scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck-on bits. Add the sauce and stir to combine well.
- Break the spaghetti strands in half and spread them in one or two layers over the ground beef mixture. Do not stir from this point on.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups water to the pasta. Remember — no stirring here.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Set to cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. The cooker should take between 10 and 12 minutes to come up to pressure.
- Open the pressure release valve (quick release) as soon as the 8 minutes cook time is up. Open the Instant Pot and stir the spaghetti into the sauce. Turn off the Instant Pot and remove the insert from the pressure cooker. Add Parmesan cheese as desired.